The Light Novel series is the source material for the adaptation of the Anime and Manga series. The information and terminology on the article will be based on the source material rather than the adaptions.
After graduating the Royal Academy, she married the unnamed son of Bonifatius and his second wife (Karstedt's younger half-brother). There was some discord in the family due to Gudrun's husband being constantly compared to Karstedt, particularly because Bonifatius's first and second wives were on bad terms. That family conflict persisted even after Gudrun and her husband had their first son, Traugott.
When Traugott's failings as a retainer come to light, Rozemyne successfully convinces him to resign from his position instead of firing him, effectively limiting the damage done to his family's reputation.
However, Rihyarda is unwilling to let his punishment end there. She meets with Gudrun and her husband to complain about their son's misconduct and scold them for their incompetence in raising such a child. She then summons the entire family, including Karstedt and Bonifatius, to discuss how to punish him. The decision is to assign Traugott his uncle Justus as an attendant to discipline him at the Royal Academy.
- Justus uses his sister's name as an alias when dressing as a woman.
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Royal Academy Stories - First Year. Chapter 12: Traugott - A Worse Punishment than Expected
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Fanbook 2. Noble Family Tree
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 3. Chapter 9: Justus and Preparing for the Interduchy Tournament
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Royal Academy Stories - First Year. Chapter 1: Cornelius - As a Guard Knight and a Brother"
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 2. Chapter 12: Traugott's Thoughts
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 3. Chapter 7: Returning to the Royal Academy