|This article requires more information! Please help us out by editing this page|
The Light Novel series is the source material for the adaptation of the Anime and Manga series. The information and terminology on the article will be based on the source material rather than the adaptions.
Leise is very competitive about food. If she is told about a new recipe or new variation, she must go and cook it immediately. When the Italian Restaurant hosted Sylvester, she personally delivered the desserts in order that she could test the food cooked by Hugo. Hugo had cooked the meal well to which she gave her grudging approval.
Leise grew up helping her parents in a restaurant near the east gate and learnt to cook before her baptism as well as having enough math skills to handle sales. After her baptism, she joined a restaurant run by a family friend and learnt many more recipes. She continued to move from store to store learning more recipes until she was asked to cook for a noble. While she learnt a large amount while working there, she was never able raise her status, as she did not have any other connections. When Gustav was looking for a noble-trained cook to help acclimatises Freida, the head chef recommended Leise as he knew she had the skills.
Myne met Leise when she was recovering from using a magic tool that was provided by Freida. There, Myne talked with Leise about how to make pound cake. After the initial pound cake was over-baked on the outside, Leise immediately began baking a second cake to improve her skills. This improvement continued until Myne returned and Leise traded a bag of sugar for more ideas. When Myne visited a third time, Freida purchased the recipe for rumtopf as well as trading another bag of sugar for more pound cake flavourings.
When Sylvester decides to visit the Italian Restaurant, Benno send Hugo and Todd to learn noble recipes from Leise to help improve the menu. Leise made the desserts for Sylvester's lunch as Hugo and Todd were too busy making the main courses and Leise had far more experience with sweets.
At Rozemyne's second visit to the Italian Restaurant for a discussion with the lower city merchants, they served several dishes that Leise had either improved or outright invented during Rozemyne's long sleep. One of those dishes is grilled consommé vegetables, which she invented in response to losing a competition to Hugo.
- When Leise got suspicious of Myne's knowledge and asked where it came from, Myne said it was from her dream world, and implying that it's better for Leise not to ask further questions.
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 1 Volume 3. Chapter 2: Making Cake with Freida
- Ascendance of a Bookworm Manga. Part 1 Volume 6. A Long-Awaited Reunion
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 1 Volume 3. Chapter 16: Contract with Freida
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 3 Volume 1. One Stressed Out Chef
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 1 Volume 3. Leise - Confectionery Recipe
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 5. Chapter 4: Evolved Cooking