|This article requires more information! Please help us out by editing this page|
The Light Novel series is the source material for the adaptation of the Anime and Manga series. The information and terminology on the article will be based on the source material rather than the adaptions.
|I have resolved to make books with you, Lady Rozemyne. I will not turn my back on that decision.|
— Philine in Part 4 Volume 3, Chapter 8: A Week of Socializing
She is the older sister of Konrad.
Philine has a shy and humble personality, but can get rather animated when books or sweets are involved. She is also a hard worker, managing her duties as a retainer, her studies under Hartmut, and her side job transcribing stories, while also keeping up with the demanding pace of her classes.
Philine was born to a laynoble family as the daughter of Kashick and his previous wife, Theresia. Shortly after her little brother Konrad was born, their mother passed away. However, Philine fondly remembered the stories her mother used to tell her.
Kashick later remarried a woman named Jonsara, who became Philine and Konrad's stepmother. She treated her stepchildren decently at first, but began to abuse them after she gave birth to a son.
At one point she tried to take away Philine's compiled stories, but her father returned them shortly after since they were written on paper that was gifted to Philine by Lady Rozemyne and it would be unwise to disrespect a gift from the archduke's family.
See Story Tab
|Spoiler from Part 4 Volume 9|
|Due to distancing herself from her family Philine currently has no attendants or retainers of any kind outside the royal academy, but is able to make due thanks to living with Rozemyne's other female retainers and them helping each other with dressing and such.|
Skills and Abilities
- Highbeast: Philine is more skilled at handling her highbeast than most attendants and scholars her age and rank, among other things being able to summon it surprisingly fast for a second year student. Rozemyne thinks this is due to a combination of natural talent and practice from commuting between the temple and castle so often.
- Language: While working for Lady Rozemyne, Philine has learned to read old and obscure dialects that few people in Ehrenfest are able to read these days.
- Among all characters introduced, Philine is one of the only two female nobles that tie their hair into two tails, the other being Hannelore. Coincidentally, both of them are book lovers that Rozemyne quickly became fond of.
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 3. Chapter 16: Philine's Family Circumstances
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Fanbook 2. Character Design Sheets
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Fanbook 2. Noble Family Tree
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Royal Academy Stories - First Year. Chapter 9: Judithe - A Guard Knight Always Left Behind
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 9. Chapter 3: The Farewell Supper
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 5. Chapter 16: Fealty and the Dormitory