|This article requires more information! Please help us out by editing this page|
The Light Novel series is the source material for the adaptation of the Anime and Manga series. The information and terminology on the article will be based on the source material rather than the adaptions.
|Might I suggest we settle this through a game of ditter?|
Rauffen is a “hot-blooded gym teacher type” with a passionate love for the sport of ditter. He is a good sportsman who enjoys having a skilled opponent: When Ehrenfest defeated his own Dunkelfelger students in a match of treasure-stealing ditter, he praised the victors for their strategies and was delighted by the quality of the match. He tends to shout when he gets overexcited.
See Story Tab
- Rauffen’s katakana name (ルーフェン, "Ruufen") is more directly transliterated as "Rufen”. His name may have been inspired by "rufen" which means "to call" in German. The official English translator chose not to use "Rufen,” because a five-letter name would look very short in comparison to other noble names. Instead, the new name was based on the similar-sounding and fitting word “raufen,” meaning “to brawl”. The translator also added an extra “f” in “Rauffen” to make the name at least seven letters long.
- Being a Sovereign noble formerly of Dunkelfelger his cape is a combination of the Sovereignty's black and his old home's blue.
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 1. Chapter 14: The Fourth Step of Mana Compression
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 2. Chapter 10: The Prince's Summons
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 2. Chapter 15: An Order to Return to Ehrenfest
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 6. Chapter 17: Healing and Reinforcements