The Light Novel series is the source material for the adaptation of the Anime and Manga series. The information and terminology on the article will be based on the source material rather than the adaptions.
|You’re an angel, Tuuli. The healer of my heart. You’re the greatest older sister in the world.|
Tuuli has blue eyes and naturally wavy blueish-green hair, which she usually wears tied back in a braid. On formal occasions, like her baptism, she wears her hair loose. She resembles her mother Effa, who is well-known for being a beauty.
By age 12, Tuuli has grown into a tall, slender young woman. As she begins to recieve hair ornament commissions from wealthy merchants and the nobility, she learns to dress and behave in an elegant manner.
Tuuli is practical, caring, and responsible young woman; her sister Myne frequently calls her an "angel" due to her sweet demeanor. Growing up, others in their neighborhood trust her to look after younger children when they make trips into the nearby forest for supplies.
She cares deeply for her family and is determined to do everything she can to keep her sister safe. When Kamil becomes old enough to ask questions about Myne, Tuuli is the one who insists on keeping her true circumstances a secret from him.
Tuuli dreams of becoming a well-known seamstress like Corinna and diligently works to improve her skills. However, like Lutz, she feels a growing sense of distance between her work in high society and her friends and neighbors in the lower city.
Tuuli was born in the city of Ehrenfest as the oldest daughter of Gunther, a soldier, and Effa, a dye shop worker. Although her parents had two previous pregnancies, Tuuli was the first of their children to survive through infancy.
The next summer, her younger sister Myne was born. Because Myne was sickly and often feverish, Tuuli was often forced to look after her while their parents worked. It was an unrewarding task, since Myne resented her older sister for being healthier than her and often threw tantrums, but it caused Tuuli to develop a strong sense of responsibility.
See Story Tab.
See Relationships Tab.
Skills and Abilities
- Lacework: Tuuli is one of the most skilled hair ornament craftswomen in Ehrenfest and, by extension, in Yurgenschmidt. Her work has been praised by a wide range of high-ranking nobles, including Prince Anastasius.
- Literacy: Although she started learning at an older age than Lutz, Tuuli has learned to read and write well. Her handwriting is not very good at first, but has presumably improved since.
- Etiquette: Due to her training at the Gilberta Company, Tuuli has learned how to conduct herself gracefully among nobles. However, she still isn't quite ready to do business at the archduke's castle.
- Tuuli is one year older than Myne, but outsiders frequently mistake them as three or four years apart in age. The difference is even more exaggerated after Rozemyne spent two years in the jureve.
- Tuuli means "wind" in Finno-Permic.
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Fanbook. Character Design Sheets
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 1 Volume 1. Chapter 14: Tuuli's Hair Ornament
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 3. Chapter 7: Returning to the Royal Academy
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 1 Volume 1. Chapter 18: Tuuli's Baptism
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 1. Myne Awakes
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 1 Volume 3. Visiting Corinna
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 3 Volume 4. Prologue
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 2 Volume 3. Chapter 20: A New Member of the Family
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 1 Volume 2. Gossiping at the Well
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 4 Volume 3. Chapter 10: Meeting with the Prince
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 3 Volume 1. Chapter 7: How to Make Fluffy Bread
- Ascendance of a Bookworm. Part 1 Volume 1. Chapter 2: Exploring My Home